Friday, August 10, 2012

guess what?


i was right. i was hoping so much for a boy just because i only know boy but in the end i could only picture landon having a baby sister. so here we go. dresses, tights, headbands, nail polish...lets do this!

and i'll tell you right now, i think landon knew all along. every time i'd say "is mommy's baby a boy or a girl?" he'd say "gul" and then when i'd said "is it a girl or a boy" "gul". and then i'd say, "is mommy's baby a boy?" "NO!" "is mommy's baby a girl?" "YEAH!!" i think he already knows his sister very well.

as you can see from the first picture, cameron was super excited. i made him promise me that he wouldn't love her more than me. what's wrong with me? i also made him promise me i can spend money on her. i told him it's one thing for landon to look like a scrub but our little girl has got to look like a girl...bows and all. he agreed.

i guess we're paying for at least one mission and one wedding :)

*lauren

8 comments:

  1. Oh my goodness -congrats!!!!! Little girls are SO much fun, and definitely fun to dress up :) I'm glad you made him promise to let you buy stuff for her now, cause Chris still groans every time I put some girl accessory in the shopping cart (a bow, hairbands, etc.). Still, I want no doubt in anyone's mind that she is a GIRL :) Congratulations again!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so excited you are having a girl!!! Having one of each is really fun... most days :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yay for a little girl! That's so cute that Landon thought he was going to have a little sister.

    ReplyDelete
  4. that is so great! you will be the best girl-mom! congrats you guys!

    ReplyDelete
  5. oh my goodness, oh my goodness...I couldn't be more excited for you guys!! We can learn this girl stuff together (as every one knows I have quite a bit of learning to do)!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Congratulations! That is so sweet that Landon knew he was getting a sister, they are going to be buds :) I'm glad he's older so he can beat up her boyfriends some day ;)
    That's so funny you made Cameron promise that he wouldn't love her more than you! Dan made me promise the same things since we have 2 boys!
    And I am way jealous that you get to have a dress-up toy! Maybe some day I will get a girl :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. yay yay yay yay yay!!! Congrats you guys!! So happy for you!

    ReplyDelete
  8. So fun to know the gender!! I love the conversation you had with Cameron about promising you that you can spend money on her. I'll file that away with conversations I might need to have one day.

    ReplyDelete