Sunday, May 9, 2010

we're alive, i promise.

I never post. And people are getting mad at me. Some want pictures of my pregnant belly. Others do not (including myself). I think everyone that asks for pictures only does it because they want to feel better about themselves...and if you ask me, that's pretty crappy of them. Jerks.

So, I am finally huge. I really don't understand how I can get any bigger, but I suppose my body will find a way. Though, it confuses me because apparently my child is only like 3 pounds...so why have I gained so much more? Oh well. Cameron gets mad at me when I talk about it...so I will stop.

I read somewhere that we should register for baby stuff before I get too hugely uncomfortable. So, Cameron and I registered last weekend at Babies 'R' Us. It was terrible. They gave us the little scanner and told us to go crazy pretty much. Yeah...that meant nothing to us. We have no idea what we need. We have no idea what a baby needs! We've decided we're going to be pretty bad at this whole parenting thing. We really don't know what we're doing. Hopefully it'll just come naturally.

We visited Grandpa Ross today after church and we reminded him that I was having a boy. We asked him what we should name him and with the cutest 96 year old smirk he said, "Pete". It was really cute. I love him.

Carrie and Andrew made us lunch today and it was delish! And we even ate on their little balcony and got some sun- it was so nice!! I even have a little burn on my right arm to prove it. It was great :)

Tams and Rem had a house warming party Saturday night. It was really fun! They are real adults...with a real home. They even own a barbecue. That really makes them legit adults...the barbecue. Though, I wish Kim would have put two slices of cheese on my burger. Oh well, I guess you can't win 'em all.

Cameron made me breakfast in bed this morning- cowboy eggs. It was yummy. Apparently, I got special treatment for mother's day seeing as I've done my fair share of throwing up.

Now everyone get off my back about this blog. I'm trying. :)

*lauren

7 comments:

  1. Lauren no worries here. I am not that great at posting and I am not sure that I will be posting belly pictures. I may post some where you might happen to see it, but on purpose.....I dont know. Advise for things at Babies R Us: gift cards (to later go back and get things you didnt get and need), diapers, wipes, humidifier, oh yea and a pee pee tipee (since you are ahving a boy). You guys will do great!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I want belly pics! Sounds like you are doing great! Don't forget to invite us to your baby shower!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ha Ha! That totally cracks me up...all of it! I think you should name your baby Triton, or Trigger, or Clod (spelled like that).
    And I think you look beautiful, you don't have to worry about gaining weight, you are supposed to get bigger! It's a badge of honor :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for the update. I miss you.

    ReplyDelete
  5. wow i'm very impressed. I have a gift for you by the way so it looks like i'm just gonna have to send it to you since I won't be there for the whole shabang in july :(. I'll text you for your address

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love that you finally posted. Yay! And the registering thing is way annoying, but I looked online and it looks like did a good job! Sometimes its nice to get gift cards too because then you can figure out the things you need along the way. The top things on my baby must have list are:
    nursing cover
    pacifiers (try a few different kinds)
    burp cloths (the cloth diapers work great)
    some good swaddling blankets
    anything Aveeno Baby (lotions, soap and such)
    Butt Paste (works wonders on diaper rash)
    thermometer
    Infant Tylenol
    Swing
    Baby Monitor (you picked a good one)
    several sets of sheets

    That's just my two cents on the topic! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Lauren - this blog made my day! You are such an entertaining writer. But someday you are going to have to show me your huge belly! I can't wait. Keep growing! And I have no doubts about you and cameron's ability to be amazing parents. I miss you!

    ReplyDelete