what's been happening lately? well that's a super general question and i don't have much of an answer for you besides keeping landon alive and happy. cam's been keeping up with schoolwork and quickly giving up on rebel football. are there even any games anymore? is it still football season? pshhh...i dunno. which is great :) okay, i'm glad we're all caught up on each other's lives.
so yesterday i was looking through some photography blogs and you know how blog stalking goes...suddenly you're at a page and you don't even quite remember how you got there. well i stumbled upon a blog of a family that is looking to adopt a little girl that is hiv+. the father of the family films documentaries and a few years ago he flew to mozambique africa to film 3 siblings whose mother and father died from aids. wow. well, why don't you go here and watch the first two films and we'll meet back here once you're finished.
what'd you think? i watched these while cameron took landon to go to the grocery store. i was supposed to be getting all showered and ready while they were gone but instead cameron walked in to me sitting at our kitchen table sobbing. i kid you not. i was sobbing. i swear...ever since i had a baby i just can't handle the thought of kids being alone or abandoned or a feeling that no one loves them. it's the saddest thing in the world to me. cameron's exact words were, "uh oh. what happened?" this kind of stuff happens every once in a while at our house...you know, me crying and cameron having no idea what he should do. through my sobs i only got out a few phrases like "it's sad because there's so many more!" and "they aren't loved!!" cameron replied back to that one with "but YOU love them." and i said, "but they don't know that!!" really, when i replay the entire thing in my head...the hysterical sobs and whatnot, i'm grateful that cameron loves me and puts up with me. but our conversation ended with cameron promising to me that when he has a career and a steady income we will adopt a baby from an orphanage. he promised.
so there you have it. i want to tell the world (well, the 4 of you that read this blog) so that we'll be held accountable by others. we even prayed for our future baby last night. and today while i was holding landon i asked him if he wanted to adopt a little brother or sister and he excitedly nodded his head "yes".
at first when i thought about adopting i got so frustrated thinking there are so many more and one won't make a difference and i kind of gave up on the idea. but then i corrected myself. if everyone thought like that no one would ever adopt. and if more people would just adopt one, we would truly make a difference. think about it.
well, i'll leave you with a few pictures of landon with a sucker in the bathtub. cause this boy makes me happy.
*lauren


I read your blog! I love this post. I didn't watch the videos because I am like you and I am scared to watch it! haha You've actually got me thinking Lauren.. if everyone would just adopt one.. I think I'll have Mat watch the videos and then talk to him about adopting. =)It may be in our future afterall...
ReplyDeleteAm I included in the 4 that read your blog? Cause I totally stock yours. I just don't get how to "follow" people's crap. Landon is freakin cute. the end.
ReplyDeleteYou're blog is awesome! You crack me up, seriously! Glad you shared that you had a blog on facebook! :) Your little guy is a doll, what a cute little guy!
ReplyDeleteI had my first experience of that new-mom-can't-handle-idea-of-abandoned-babies today when watching a movie (war, kids separated from mom, mom burned all over in bombing, oldef sibling not telling younger to protect her, younger crying because just wanted mom, etc.). I started crying but luckily the husband changed it before tears could become sobs. I think it's beautiful what Cameron told you - "but you love them." Your adopted baby will be beautiful and you all will be perfect for each other.
ReplyDeleteyou make me laugh! :) i think you are awesome. you can make a difference girl!
ReplyDeleteOkay, this is the third time that I am attempting to write a comment on your blog, because the other two times wouldn't post.
ReplyDeleteWhat I was TRYING to say is, I know exactly how you feel. I feel that way about homeless and tortured animals every single day. It's really, really hard. But, the best we can do is try to make the differences we can, and pray pray pray! Well, that's what I try to do at least...
I couldn't help but laugh at picturing Cameron coming in to the room with that, "uh oh..." comment, because Chris does the same thing! Motherhood has made me so much more emotional!! You are so sweet!!
ReplyDelete