i never blog anymore. a huge part of it is because karla (my mother-in-law) was always the one who begged us to keep up the blog since we were living in utah. so, now that we're living in vegas with them i never think about it. so, i apologize to people for being so absent (not that a ton of people look at our blog anyways).
well well well. landon is still asleep so i thought i'd take a moment to update my life. i just finished writing mitchell via dearelder.com (which is an awesome way to write missionaries for free, btw). i also just finished updating his facebook a bit with some pictures and such.
this post is going to be as random as they get. just fyi.
so, like i said, we moved to vegas over christmas break. the busby's are nice enough to deal with us day in and day out so that we could save a little money before we start law school this fall. so far, cameron has been accepted to unlv, lewis & clark, and baylor. and michigan state emailed him saying he's a strong candidate for scholarship and that they need a letter from him so he pretty much got in there too. i know. my husband's the smartest man you've ever met, huh? i know (i'm patting myself on the back right now for marrying him).
landon's doing well these days. he's 6 months old now...where has the time gone? seriously. well, his newest feat is sitting up on his own. and he's eating solid foods! you've never seen a hungrier baby than landon. that boy knows that when we put him in his blue bumbo seat it means he gets to eat. so, as he sits there waiting for his food to be prepared he screams at us and throws his body around. you'd think we never feed him by the way he acts. it's funny.
i got a gym pass for christmas from my parents (thank you!) and i've been pretty dang faithful at going. i still have some baby fat that i want off of me before summer comes and i start wearing all of my skanky clothes.
i was so tired last night. we put landon to bed at 7:30 and i went to bed at 7:45. i slept until 6:00 this morning. it. was. awesome. i highly recommend it to everyone.
i went to the dentist yesterday. no cavities but i do have receding gum line on one tooth. the dentist said she only sees that in "really old people". thank you very much. and she couldn't even give me an acceptable excuse. she told me and i quote "it's due to poor hygiene". are you kidding me?! i'm so good to my teeth! i mean, i go to the dentist 4 times a year for goodness sakes! anyways, she said i need to go to a gum doctor and maybe get a minor gum surgery done. embarrassing. great.
well landon's awake and i'm neglecting him. i'm sorry there aren't pictures. i told you this was going to be random.
*lauren
YES! I love it!! You should post all the time...I love reading your blog. Seriously, you should. I'll be the one who begs now, if I have to.
ReplyDeletethat's the same reason why i'm working out a lot now too. not the baby fat, just the skanky clothes.
ReplyDeleteLove the random post! :) AND I had the same thing happen to me with the gum line. On TWO teeth! I think I take very good care of my teeth too and my dentist said it's just a random thing that happens. There isn't really a reason for it. So there! If you want to go by what my dentist told me, hygiene doesn't really have anything to do with it. He did say brushing too hard could be a factor which I was guilty of. I actually had the surgery and honestly don't know what good it did. (if you want my opinion) I still have sensitivity in those teeth.
ReplyDeleteCongrats to Cameron! I have to say that I'm sad ASU isn't on the list :( You can still come visit though. I'd LOVE it!
ha ha...skanky clothes...that's funny! And BTW, I care about what's going on in your life and consider yourself bugged to post more blogs!
ReplyDeleteYou know what's funny? I go to the dentist MAYBE every 5 years when I'm forced to go and every time I go, the dentist tells me I take such good care of my teeth. I don't actually brush every night-sometimes I skip, and I NEVER floss... It's against my religion. So, what do dentists know anyway? Don't be bothered. Oh, and I'm not trying to rub it in either ;)
Sounds like your life is good! I'm excited to see where you guys decide on for school. KEEP blogging, please?
so i'm just responding to your comment:
ReplyDeletei was just telling tommy about your last blog post and he just said "i like those two." see? it's mutual. i really hope cameron applied to duke law school... we might be offended if you don't even consider coming out here.
BLOG!!! YAY! You have a huge fan-base. I think it's official that you have to keep it up. Sorry you're old and your teeth are falling out. Good thing you already found yourself a man (and a great one at that, congrats Cameron!).
ReplyDeleteOk, I love you! Bye!
Picture me with arms swaying in the air with a bic lighter.....excellent blogging! Love POP POP!
ReplyDelete