Tuesday, August 17, 2010

landon mitchell

Okay, I know this post is so late but it isn't my fault. We don't have Internet right now. We're waiting for our neighbors upstairs to move in so we can get Internet together (it's much cheaper that way). Well, I decided to do a mini post at the library for those of you who have yet to see our adorable baby boy. Lets enjoy!

Landon Mitchell Busby arrived about a week early on July 19th at 4:22 pm weighing in at only 6 pounds 4 ounces. This made us a little unsure as of who the father was :) He came with a full head of dark hair and many people have told us he looks like my brother Mitchell so I guess the Cizmas genes are winning out as of now.

Well, I suppose some are awaiting the labor and delivery story. I will make it short for those that don't care. I thought I was going into labor on Sunday because during the first hour of church I kept feeling cramps. They weren't as bad as people normally describe them so I was unsure. As the day went on there was no denying labor pains...holy cow! After walking in circles at 3 in the morning in a Y parking lot near our house, I cried to Cameron to take me to the hospital. He did and I'm pretty sure I cried the entire ride from the pain. I was convinced they were going to tell me I wasn't dilated at all and that I needed to stop being such a wimp so when they told me I was 5 centimeters I was overjoyed! I got my epidural within the hour (yes, I was all about any and all pain medications...I'm no mountain woman). From then on was smooth sailing. Cameron and I napped until I woke up from my water breaking. I thought, "Either that's my water breaking or someone needs to get in here quick and fix this catheter". Landon came after maybe ten minutes of pushing. Cameron and I cried. It was a wonderful day.

It has been about 4 weeks now and life is great. Exhausting but great. I feel like I'm a walking zombie sometimes, but it's all worth it. On top of having Landon, I just graduated this past Friday so needless to say, it's been a really busy summer. But I'm finished with school and proud to be a stay-at-home mom. It's the greatest and I wouldn't have it any other way.

I know I know. They're not close ups but it's all I have right now on my email (remember I'm at the library) so it'll have to do for now. Photos courtesy of Rachel Busby...she's amazing! Thanks again, Rach! Well, we were fortunate enough to go to the beach this year since Landon couldn't take it any longer inside of my tummy. We had a wonderful time in Carlsbad and we are already looking forward to next year!

That's all for now, but stay tuned because I am determined to get better at this whole blogging thing. Well, we'll see, I guess.

*lauren

11 comments:

  1. Congratulations! You guys look SO happy! There's nothing sweeter than having a new baby in the house. They have such a special spirit that they bring with them.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ah, I'm so excited! He looks beautiful (from far away, at least, but I'm sure just as great up close) and I love the name! Congratulations!

    ReplyDelete
  3. oh MY gosh! Lauren!
    1. I am holding back tears. I'm not sure why. but I think it has to do with number 2
    2. I finally realized who my boyfriend reminds me of - Cameron!!!! It is seriously kind of wierding me out! They have the same build and super similar personalities!!! And so when I look at Cameron holding Landon it just...makes me cry. Thinking that might be Blake and I someday.
    3. THank you for sharing. It has really done something to me (we'll have to talk about it)
    4. I miss you and wish you all the best.
    5. Love you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm sad I cant go up there to see you. Are you still coming down for Labor Day? If so I want to see you and your little boy...maybe Cameron, we'll see ;) I am so glad it sounds like things went well. Plus an early healthy baby, so nice!

    ReplyDelete
  5. So glad to see the darling pictures of my handsome grandson! Give that precious boy BIG HUGS from Grandma Busby!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sigh. He is so wonderful. I'm so happy for you. I've been checking to see pictures posted!

    I will see you soon enough. :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. FINALLY!!! Some pictures! I love those pictures. Rach did a great job. Kylie still talks about watching the movies we filmed of baby Landon. We can't wait to see you again! Love you guys!

    ReplyDelete
  8. He's adorable! Congratulations!

    ReplyDelete
  9. it's about damn time. :) oh man i forget how small they are! oh he's so stinking cute. can't wait to see him in person!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Ok, so you didn't believe that I would leave a comment...well here it is! :)
    I can't wait for you and the wee one to come to mother's group! It's so fun to see new babies, it gets all the other moms baby hungry ;) He really is such a cute baby! Ya done good!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Took a minute tonight and "caught a glimpse" of your blog! WAY TO GO!!!

    CUUUUTTTTE PICTURES!!!

    WHAT A DARLING FAMILY!

    Love,
    Paula

    ReplyDelete