Tuesday, August 23, 2011

it happened...

my infant turned one... so we just had to party!

how cute are these invites that rachel designed?! i know. she's amazing.


um...and look at how adorable the dessert table turned out!special thanks to steph and jeff for coming early and putting it all together! we like them a lot. and can i direct every one's attention to the adorable banner that regan (my cute sister-in-law that is by far the most talented 15 year old i know) & i made! this banner now hangs over landon's crib. i love it.

and of course we had yummy food. i mean, it was a party thrown by cameron for goodness sakes! try not to drool as you look at all the yummy desserts cameron made (yes, he made them all---it's a wonder i'm not 500lbs, i know).

































and i'm so mad at myself for never getting pictures of the dinner! well, let me just tell you, it was yum. it was most definitely the most delicious pulled pork sandwiches with homemade coleslaw, fruit and salad. perfection.


oh, and landon was there...


in this next picture he's looking at cameron, asking with his eyes, "is this for real? i can really just dig in? really? you swear?"



and so he did! he was so excited, his hands were shaking as he tried to pick up the entire cake at once :)















that's our boy! he ate the entire top layer. his belly was HUGE!



and then he got more presents than any 1 year old should ever get. it was nuts! and he loved every one!


it was a wonderful day and landon won't remember a dang thing. that's okay though. we had a blast :)


*lauren

13 comments:

  1. Lauren, that's just ridiculous to tell us to try not drooling. Not possible. :) Seriously it looks and sounds amazing! You are all too cute!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I had no idea that Cameron was such a gourmet! I'm genuinely impressed. What a lucky boy. His birthday sounds perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  3. wow I am thoroughly impressed with your husband! all I made for ethan's party was sandwiches and cupcakes ha ha. Man, I'm bummed I had to miss that :(. miss you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. And I'm posting again, because it was THAT cute! hehehe.

    Seriously though, cutest baby party I've ever seen. And that kid of yours--he's to die for.

    Also, we got you guys a present that we need to bring over real soon. Can we party this week??

    ReplyDelete
  5. Was that for real? I mean, I don't think I've ever seen desserts like that in real life...only in magazines and on TV. And the decorations were so cute! Why couldn't you have thrown a 3 month party for Landon like that so I could have come?!
    That looked like a ton of fun!

    ReplyDelete
  6. wow, that food looked amazing.

    ReplyDelete
  7. So sad I missed this! I can't believe he's one. That Landon is just so darn cute!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Glad we got to be a part of it. Everything was super cute!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. that dessert table is the bizniss... jus sayin.

    ReplyDelete
  10. What? Seriously... I mean I know you said seriously.. but seriously.. he made all those? I want to be invited to his next birthday party. Just sayin..

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh hey Martha Stewart, I was just wondering if I could subscribe to your magazine.

    Love someone who misses you a ton and hopes you are happy and doing well.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Remind Cameron how ridiculously talented he is. Happy birthday to Landon!

    ReplyDelete