Sunday, September 20, 2009

Our lives as of right now...

Okay, so school has officially started...hence, no updates lately on here. Well, school and work is finally getting the best of us. I'm taking 18 credits and Cameron has 17. On top of all of our school work I'm working at BYU moving crew and Cameron just got a new job at the MTC as a Spanish teacher. Cameron is also a referee for flag football twice a week and sells his body (plasma) twice a week. You'd think that would keep us busy enough but somehow we managed to scrounge up one more job together. We are official employees of Hot Poppin' Kettle Corn at the BYU home games. Cameron is the actual kettle corn maker and I bag it (with a few others). Yesterday we got to the game 4 hours before it started (to set up and learn how everything works) and we ended up staying until 10:00! We were SO TIRED!! It was terrible. We hurt everywhere! When it came time to walk home, we were so dead and our dear friend Tommy picked us up and brought us home. Anyways, with our crazy school/work scheduling we haven't had a chance to show fun things that have gone on. well...just one, i guess. We went to the fair in Salt Lake with some friends and Tams. It was fun. I must say...fairs are expensive! they're more of a "go when mom and dad are paying" kind of thing...but we still had a great time. Here are a few pictures...


Cam, Tams, Carrie, Andrew and I


Cam trying out the back seat of a police car---yeah, we were desperate for some free entertainment.


We actually did end up paying to see this gigantic croc. It was huge.
Worth the dollar.


We found some farm animals (Carrie was disgusted...it was funny). This little guy was in heaven from the scratching behind his ear. He was cute.

Cows.

Okay, the ferris wheel was much scarier than I thought it was going to be. I was under the impression they were just slow and whatever...no, it was horrific! Okay, maybe i'm overexaggerating a little bit. but I still was frightened.




Tamara's bling...



And this is what happens after a long week of school and work and too much partying the night before at the fair. he was so ti-dud!



And this picture has nothing to do with the fair but we had dinner with some of Cameron's family the next day and this is Meg. She's adorable.


*lauren

7 comments:

  1. Cameron looks so skinny! Holy Crap. You are adorable Lauren. Way to go with all of those jobs. I can hardly do the one that I have. But maybe its because when I come home I have a kid who wants to just play. But I am sure school for you is harder then playing with a kid :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. So I really really wanted to go to the fair--and then I saw how much it cost. I was pretty sad. It looks like you guys had a lot of fun though!

    Oh, and holy cow on the job front! That is so cool that Cameron got hired to teach at the MTC! I had no idea! Let us know if you ever need to be picked up late from a game...we are here for you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yay for an update! Things sound absolutely crazy! Make time to have lots of fun before all the babies come along :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lauren I didn't know you had a blog! You guys are so stinkin cute! And busy! Holy Smokes. It makes me happy to see that you make time for each other and the fun things though. It's nice to stay updated on all that's happening with you guys. Keep it up!

    p.s. tell Tamara congrats for me! I didn't know she was engaged till I talked to Britt the other night. My dad sends his congrats too :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. How fun! I love the fair! I'm glad everything is going good for you guys! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank goodness for those alligator pics. Saved us $2.

    ReplyDelete