so landon and i went to the splash park today with jessica and quinn. the boys were having fun splashing around in the water while dodging all of the big kids running around. at one point quinn was loving this one little fountain and right as he's playing with it this little boy (about 6 or so) comes over and stands on it and it stops working. what a jerk. whatever.
so, we direct the boys over to some other little fountains shooting up about a foot above ground. we're chatting and then jessica says, "oh no...that's not okay". i look over to see THE SAME awful little boy with the squirt blaster that you point at people. he's pointing it right in landon's face and landon is sobbing. my first instinct is, "ooo crap, landon. you can't stand there or else you're gonna get hit" but then as i'm running over to him i realize landon is TRYING to get away from the water but the kid just keeps following him everywhere he goes and is laughing hysterically. now i'm in fight mode. i'm gonna kill this kid. i swoop landon up as fast as i can and scream, "WHAT THE FREAK IS WRONG WITH YOU?!!" he runs off. oh, i ran after him alright. i screamed, "where is your mother?!" finally a lady runs up to him. i tell her about her about her kid bullying the 2 little kids and he whispers something to her. she looks at me and says, "he said he didn't see them." i say, "oh yes he did. he was laughing the whole time. whatever." as i walk away about as pissed as i've ever been in my life. i mean, i'm still fuming just typing this.
anyways, a few seconds go by and she comes over to me without him. i'm still annoyed at the boy but i get that kids are dumb and i'm ready to hear the lady apologize in her sons behalf. she says, "he said he didn't see your son there and my child never lies to me." are you freaking kidding me? i just say, "well, he is lying. i saw the whole thing and he's a liar". by this point she's pissed AT ME! she gets in my face, "well don't say that cause you don't know that he's lying!" i just turned away from her and said, "whatever. he's a liar. i saw the whole thing and your child is a liar." mind you i'm holding landon during all of this and he's still dripping wet and catching his breath from sobbing. yeah, i was so close to saying some real bad words. i just kept reminding myself that jessica was right there and she's a good little mormon girl. i didn't want to out myself so soon in our friendship.
the rest of the time at the splash park was spent lingering around the same area of fountains as i vented to jessica while the awful boy's mom was near telling her friend i called her son a liar and how dare i. AND if that wasn't enough, after this whole event the awful boy....lets just call him satan...makes another little 2 year old sob from the same exact thing. he ran across to his mom sobbing and satan's mom just turned to her son and said, "don't splash them if they don't want you to, sweetie." well, i'm glad she's raising the next generation of bullies. good to know some one's on top of it.
listen, i get listening to your kid and wanting to believe their side of the story. but if a grown woman comes up to you and tells a totally different story AND you see the same thing happen again to another little kid...are you really going to get up in my face? like i did something wrong by screaming at your child? well, i'll scream at your child all day if that's what it takes because it doesn't look like you believe in consequences at all. your kid has got to learn somehow. oh, i can't even tell you how pissed i was. it's a good thing landon was weighing me down and satan ran faster than me. i think if i got my hands on him i would've beat the crap out of him. sometimes i turn into momma bear. don't screw with my kid. i don't care that you're only 6.
*lauren
"lets call him satan" hahaha! I miss you!
ReplyDeleteThat's ridiculous! I'm pretty sure I would've smacked the kid upside the head!
ReplyDeleteYou go Momma Bear. I can not tell you how many times I tried to discipline other people's children when they were picking on my kids! Sometimes it blew up in my face, much like your incident where the mother is defending her monster child, in my face rude to me, when I was trying to protect her kid! Yeh, the mother bear instinct is very strong in us! I am FOR standing up for what is right, and following through with my children if they have been the one in error. Thanks for the post.
ReplyDeletehahaha oh Lauren that is one of the most sad/hilarious stories I have heard. Not funny that the boys were getting picked on but funny how you told it. You are so awesome for sticking up for your kid to that boy and his mom. Some parents just don't get it.
ReplyDeletetwo words and i promise this never happens again to my Grandson...."Vinnie" and "Guido"! Don't mess with an angry Serbian!
ReplyDeletei'm sorry i said i would eat landon's face in your last post... i didn't mean it..... ;)
ReplyDeletehaha, loved the post and I wouldn't go as far as to say I'm a good mormon girl. :0) The park was awful, the lady was terrible, but I was cheering you on the whole time wishing I had enough guts to do the same. You go girl!!
ReplyDeleteLoved the post and I'm happy you stick up for my Landon- AWESOME!!
ReplyDeleteokay LOVE this!!! "...lets just call him satan..." is my favorite line. I forgot how funny you are and how much I love you! I hope I'm as good of a mom as you are someday!
ReplyDeleteLauren, you make me smile! I'm glad that the mama bear instinct took over. I can't believe that some parents don't believe adults, I had to deal with it as a teacher and I was always fuming afterward. My favorite part though, was "jessica was right there and she's a good little mormon girl. i didn't want to out myself so soon in our friendship." LOVE it. You are fabulous!
ReplyDeleteOh my goodness! That was AWESOME! Seriously, I can't even STAND bullies and I totally do the same thing when other kids try to push Joey around! I have a way overactive sense of defending my babies! My adrenaline is pumping just from reading your post! I'll beat the crap our of him with you! YEAH!
ReplyDelete