Tuesday, November 16, 2010

random babbling...

So there are no pictures on this post because my dad's computer kind of stinks and I can't get them on here from my camera. Crappy seeing as I have a few really cute ones of Landon from this past weekend. I'll post them soon, though.

So, we came down to Vegas this past weekend to go to the temple with Mitchell. It was awesome and we were glad we could experience it with him. We're so excited for Mitchell to go on his mission...he's going to do some awesome things in Honduras, I just know it.

Well, it came time for us to leave and instead Cameron left Landon and I here and headed back up to Provo on his lonesome. He has 5 huge research papers due soon along with the rest of his law school applications and just 18 English credits in general. So, we thought he could probably be most productive if we were out of his hair for the week and that way he can really buckle down and get some stuff done. It's amazing how a 4 month old child can really distract you...especially when he's as cute as Landon.

Anyways, so Landon and I are in Las Vegas right now just hanging out with the fam waiting for next week to roll around when Cameron will come back to us for Thanksgiving and take us back home to Provo. We really miss Cam. I swear Landon is just waiting every afternoon for his daddy to walk in the door and play with him and make him laugh. Landon really misses him. In fact, we skyped Cameron tonight and Landon was totally smiling at the computer screen with Cameron's face on it. He was even reaching out to him. I think he was so confused as to why he could see him and hear him yet Daddy wasn't holding him.

I'm lucky because I have really great family around me to help me out (both mine and Cam's). Yet, I am finding out what it's like to be a single parent...and it's hard! It's hard not being able to hand Landon off whenever I want. It's hard putting him to bed by myself. It's hard entertaining the little fella...especially when procrastinating a feeding or bedtime. All I can say is I am realizing more and more how much I appreciate Cameron. He is an amazing dad to Landon and the most perfect husband to me. I know this sounds cheesy but I don't care. I really miss you, Cam.

We're excited to be reunited with Cameron in a week. We miss and love him so much!

*lauren

4 comments:

  1. Come over tomorrow. I have a very large tray of homemade apple crisp. Say yes.

    ReplyDelete
  2. BHAHAHAHA . . . I just saw Tam's note.

    ReplyDelete
  3. ummm so i teared up on this post. i think birth control is making me emotional.

    ReplyDelete